Join us; meet new people; enjoy a rewarding volunteer experience.
Volunteer hours can be credited towards High School graduation requirements
Opportunities abound to help out:
Here is just a sampling of those we need to make the next Fair another great event.
- Gatekeepers/Greeters: provide information and directions to people at the arrival gates. Responsible for handling money with regards to collecting entrance fees.
- Beer Garden Staff: Smart servers needed, ticket sales, clean up crews
- Setup/Knockdown Crew: required several days before the Fair to prepare for the Fair and the Sunday/Monday after the Fair to cleanup and put it all away.
- Booth Crew: required to help man the Port Hope Fair booth and provide information to visitors of the booth/Fair.
- Event helpers: required to assist the Director-in-charge of events such as, the Horse Show; setting up jumps, giving out ribbons, etc.
- Board Members: required to help plan next year’s fair. The Board meets the second Wednesday of each month at the Town Park Recreation Centre.
Contact us via email at email@example.com to add your name to the list of helpers. We need hundreds of people during the Fair.