Where is the South Field?
The South Field is located east of the McCaul St. gate entrance and south of the Fall Fair Centre. Look for the green flags at the entrance. (Watch out for cars as you cross the road)
As you enter the South Field learn from the demonstrators in Artisan’s Row:
Phillip Boyko – wood carving; Soapstone sculptures with Max Sexsmith,; Lavender with Tracey Henkel; Alcohol Ink sketching on tile – Linda Coffee; Pure Joy Herbal Creations – Johanna and Holly Weirsma
Why should you visit the South Field?
Visit the Natural Living Tent – Let’s talk about all nature has to offer: pollinators (butterflies and bees), birds. Visit the interactive displays. Don’t miss the Ontario Turtle Conservation Centre with their turtle ambassadors on Sunday.
The Natural Living Tent is sponsored by The Ecology Fund, Encore Tents, Sabine Gebelhoff of Moonstone Yoga and also Willow Beach Field Naturalists.
Happening ALL WEEKEND Long in the South Field:
- Agricultural Awareness Tent
- Agricultural Equipment
- Petting Zoo and Pony Rides
- Poultry Exhibition
- Old Time Threshing Demonstrations – Hope Agricultural Heritage Club celebrating the 225 anniversary of the first local wheat harvest
- Hop on Hop off Wagon Rides
- Face Painting & Balloons
- Port Hope Fair Food Booth
Happening only on SATURDAY in the South Field:
- Hunter/Jumper Horse Show
- Old Mill Alpacas, from Colborne, Alpacas and products
- Dairy Cattle Exhibit
- 4H Dairy Calf Show
- Milking demonstrations
- Sheep Herding
- Sheep Shearing Demonstrations
Happening only on SUNDAY in the South Field:
- President’s Choice SuperDogs
- Ontario Turtle Conservation Centre
- Razberry the Clown
- Face Painting – Irene Callus
- Children’s Pet Show, 1pm
- Beef Cattle Show, noon
- 4H Beef Cattle Show, noon
- Goat Show, noon