Where is the South Field?
The South Field is located east of the McCaul St. gate entrance and south of the Fall Fair Centre. Look for the green flags at the entrance. (Watch out for cars as you cross the road)
As you enter the South Field learn from the demonstrators in Artisan’s Row:
Phillip Boyko – wood carving; Carrie Osborne – tin smithing; Melanie Horner – potter; Paul Andrus – dovetail boxes
Why should you visit the South Field?
Visit the Natural Living Tent – Let’s talk about all nature has to offer: pollinators (butterflies and bees), birds. Visit the interactive displays.
The Natural Living Tent is sponsored by The Ecology Fund, Encore Tents, Sabine Gebelhoff of Moonstone Yoga and Acupuncture and also Willow Beach Field Naturalists.
Don’t miss the Ontario Falconry Centre on Sunday with live bird of prey show including owls, hawks, eagles and falcons.
Happening ALL WEEKEND Long in the South Field:
- Agricultural Awareness Tent
- Agricultural Equipment
- Petting Zoo and Pony Rides
- Poultry Exhibition
- Demonstrations such as tin smithing and wood turning
- Washboard Hank
- Hop on Hop off Wagon Rides
- Face Painting & Balloons
- Port Hope Fair Food Booth
Happening only on SATURDAY in the South Field:
- Hunter/Jumper Horse Show
- Pepper the Clown
- Old Mill Alpacas, from Colborne, Alpacas and products
- Dairy Cattle Exhibit
- 4H Dairy Calf Show
- Milking demonstrations
- Sheep Herding
- Sheep Shearing Demonstrations
Happening only on SUNDAY in the South Field:
- Upper Canada District Canadian Horse Breeders Show – Canada’s National Horse
- Ontario Falconry Centre
- Razberry the Clown
- Face Painting – Irene Callus
- Children’s Pet Show, noon
- Beef Cattle Show, noon
- 4H Beef Cattle Show, noon
- Goat Show, noon